Member of European Parliament
The economy of the future is green. Today, we use one and a half times more than our planet can offer, on a yearly basis. We eat into the natural capital of future generations. Hence, D66 sees sustaining as an economic necessity and new opportunities.
“D66 works on sustainability. A sustainable economy will help us to maintain our wealth, and secure prosperity for future generations.”
D66 focuses on European value, a common tackling of issues that are beyond national borders. I will focus on themes as sustainability, energy, knowledge and innovation. Prioritising on these themes will promote our growth and wealth. The Netherlands can gain in sustaining the European economy.
This mandate Gerben-Jan will be active as a full member in:
– Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (ENVI)
– Delegation to the EU-Russia Parliamentary Cooperation Committee
And as a substitute member in:
– Committee on Budgetary Control (CONT)
– Committee on Industry, Research and Energy (ITRE)
– Delegation for relations with the People´s Republic of China